I live in Manila, a tiny town on the north spit between the Pacific Ocean and Humboldt Bay in Northern California with my husband, children, cats and dog. I do lots of stuff: radio, writing, working on ocean-related political and environmental issues. Try to surf. My son has Type 1 diabetes. We’re doing okay.
- how to make your son crepes before he moves 600 miles away
- writing exercise #50: I dreamed of a house
- things that scare me
- and… something totally positive and rad and happymaking!
- in which I offer up an excruciatingly emotional post of questionably redeeming value!
- insomnia #25 aka yet another experience with worry
- Not for use as a Facebook status update
- writing exercise #50: one-syllable words, “From the back of the truck…”
Things I Write About
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart
Monsieur Pain by Roberto Bolaño
Vampires in the Lemon Grove by Karen Russell
The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt
Switch by Chip and Dan Heath
The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings
Cain by José Saramago
This is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz
An Untamed State by Roxane Gay
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta
Better Living Through Plastic Explosives by ZsuZsi Gardner
Seven Tenths: The Sea and its Thresholds by James Hamilton Paterson
Let The Great World Spin by Colum McCann
Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay
The Autobiography of Mark Twain